Friday, June 9, 2017

The Power Of THE Call



There be only one true call...
Such a voice...
Such an invasion into this world offers true life...true love..true liberty.
In a time and age where image is thought to be the concrete and mortar that holds society together...
When a person is measured by their "edginess"...
When character is snickered at....

When popularity is sought above all else,
The call invades and cries out "Come out from the midst of them".


The simplicity of the call is found in two words...
"Follow Me"....

Our flesh has a gazillion questions surrounding this two word invitation..
"Where?"
"Why?"
"What is in it for me?"
And on and on goes the parade of hearts in darkness.

It's not so much the call itself, as it is the one who is calling.
I can cry out to you on a busy street, or in the quietness of your own home "Follow me!" and it does not carry the same weight or inflection as the originator of the True Call.


For when He calls, hearts that are darkened, cold and hard are suddenly awakened to choose. Like Lazarus who, even though dead, heard Jesus cry out..."Lazarus! Come forth" from a tomb and place of death, we have to make the same decision.


Are we going to stay in the tomb, wrapped in our grave clothes, or will we arise and move into light of God's presence, taking off our grave clothes so we can truly follow Him?

Most of you probably don't know who, or never have met the man singing in the video. I'd like to introduce to you one Mr. Danny Daniels. Danny is one of the original worship leaders when the Vineyard was trying its wings back in the late 70's. I've had the pleasure to know him since 2000 when we met in Anniston for a conference that was held by the Anniston Vineyard. 

Danny has been to Rapha several times to play and speak to those who were in the program. He is a journey man. When God says "GO!" Danny is prepared to do so. Traveling much of this country and abroad, Danny takes the message and his guitar to show the love of God and the Power of the call to follow.

Psalm 25:4-5 - Show me the right path, O Lord. Point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by Your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me.

The one thing that I love about the folks God has allowed me to meet is that the true ones...the ones who have answered THE Call...are still at it. Oh we may not move as fast as we once did. We may have periods forgetting things...Not sure, I think that is right..I can't remember. But the fire....The fire and passion to keep at it has not been dimmed by years. It has not been extinguished by the miles we have covered. The fire burns bright in the hearts and we know that because God has given us one more day, we push forward in following hard after Him. Why?

Because we have been called...
Simple as that...

God on you...
mbb

(Many thanks to LeNola Bagley for creating and posting the video on YOUTUBE)

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...