Thursday, July 6, 2017

Little Screen Views From The Greene Street Letters




"We are living in an alien world built upon man's rebellion against God, and in this life of the Christian himself is not yet totally free from the elements of this rebellion within himself."
                                                                                 Francis A. Schaeffer - "True Spirituality"

Because we do live in this world built upon rebellion.......
Because it does surround us and confront us at every turn....
Because the media presents a message and lifestyle that runs contrary to the will and nature of God...
We are greatly influenced by such.

It pounds at our brains....
It fill our ears.....
It is a constant bombardment of messages that influence our decisions and actions.


As a new follower of Jesus, I use to say to others when asked about my relationship, "I'm only visiting this planet"....reference to my other home that is being prepared for me by my Savior, Jesus. They would look at me like I was the alien (Which I probably was). But I'm not so sure that I even knew the reality of this statement when I spoke it. It was a catch saying....a Jesus-people statement that seem to carry a sense of separation from those who stood on the outside of a relationship with Jesus. Truth of the matter is that I truly do not belong to the culture or society that rules this planet. Oh, I have to live here....I've been given a mandate by God to tell my story to others....I'm called to love others.....to serve when needed (and sometimes when it isn't needed). But this is not my home.


When I realize the extent of the power and influence culture and society has over people, I need to keep myself aware that my directions and instructions for living life comes from my heavenly Father. Like I said, "This world isn't my home, I'm only visiting this planet."


God on you....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...