Saturday, July 1, 2017

Selected Pseudo-intelligent Ramblings For Those With Discerning Taste


Jeremiah Smith was kind enough to take pictures from Thursday night's meeting at Saint Elmo's Cathedral. As you can see, I did not exaggerate about being in an unfinished building, did I?
How can you top that meeting? By having a meeting in your home where the Spirit of God once again shows up. Such was our monthly core leadership meeting of VRC. We get together each month for a time of sharing some food, lot's of laughter, and worship. Emphasis on the last one, worship. We try to take a look at the Saturday night meeting, asking what do we do right in the meeting, and are there things we need to change. With each meeting that passes, we are getting to know each other a little better.


Seth Barber will be bringing the message tonight at VRC. Always look forward to hearing what God has to say through Seth.  It easy to see (and hear) that Seth has been influenced by all the years he has spent hanging around Steve Yarbrough. I can't think of anyone better to be influenced by.

I know that my years with Steve rubbed off on me. It changed the way I see Scripture, the way I view recovery now, and the truth about the need to speak to each other "real " truth in love.  Sometimes that is the hardest thing that Jesus has called us to do...speaking truth in love. We don't need to surround ourselves with people who only tell us what we want to hear, but rather we need folks around us who love us and will tell us the hard things we don't want to hear.

So meeting starts at 7 p.m. /  come on out and grab a "green" chair. It's gonna be a good evening.
Which brings me to my last point.
I try to write these letters each day. Some days are easy, some days are a struggle of what to write.
There have been times, in the past, when I've taken Saturday and Sunday off  and not post anything. Usually at times like that, I do wind up being given something to share. But what I've tried to do each year is to take a week off, step away and let it all rest. Well, I think maybe this is the week for such. But what I'm planning on doing is posting a "Reprint" from the archive of the Greene Street Letters. I mean, we only have 3,200 + postings to choose from, so I'm sure there are some posting from the past that you haven't read.

Well, that about wraps it up...
Thanks for stopping by time to time to read the ramblings of this old man...
Does a heart good to receive the comments, both good and bad, about this blog.
Have a great day...
God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...