Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Dusting Off The Shadow Man



Looking back on my past, I find  out exactly how much I have changed. All the darkness and sin that defined me seems like a bad dream . Who was I? I was a shadow man...
The reality is now I am no longer that person. The reality of today is that my life has been invaded by a Higher Power that has given me purpose.
Purpose found in today...
Not in yesterday.....

Life is still a struggle, but much more manageable following Jesus through the daily mess.
The shadow "Me" seeks to rise up from time to time,usually when I am going through some dark times...He whispers to me to consider letting him back in. But I remember all too well the misery that was heaped upon me, because I chose to follow "self" rather than Jesus.

The shadow man sounds like a friend, but he isn't. He only wants to beat me down into submitting to his every whim and desire. No thought really to me or my well being. Shadow man only seeks to use me till there is nothing left. Drain me of every emotion and feeling I have until I am but a shell of who God created me to be. I choose not to listen to that old voice that surfaces from time to time.

No sir...
I will have nothing to do with shadow man. Like the Apostle Paul, I will press forward (all the while forgetting what is behind) toward the upward call. I am able to forget what is behind me, because I have deal with it.
Confessed...
Repented...
Forgiven....
Made amends....
Moving on...
My hope is found in the One who took me out of the mess I use to call life.
My hope is a living hope that has been birthed in me by the Holy Spirit of Almighty God.
Explain it?
Can't.
I just know He's real.
I just know that I have been changed.

Maybe this resolve that has been born in me is why shadow man continues to chase after me. To draw me away from the hope I've been given.
To lure me with the baubles and beads, and the shiny things of this world. Pretty to look at...catches my attention....but has no value what so ever.
I press on!
Thank you Jesus for your saving power.
A Power that could (and has) restored me to sanity.
So if you are out there this morning, and you are lost in the shadows, unable to find your way out.
Cry out to Jesus...
No, I really mean it! Cry out.. Cry out at the top of your lungs..."Save me Jesus!"
He will hear....
He will answer your cry....
He will come to where you are.
That's a promise.

God on you...
mbb




No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...