Thursday, September 14, 2017

Revival


Psalm 85:6
Will you not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?


Definition of REVIVAL
"God's quickening visitation of his people, touching their hearts and deepening his work of grace in their lives." J. I. Packer 

I've been praying for a "recovery" revival for a number of years. I believe it is on God's heart to have a visitation among those who are trapped in the hell we call addiction. I also truly believe that such a revival will not take place until all of us who serve and answer a call to recovery submit ourselves totally to the work of God's Holy Spirit.

Allowing this move of God to start with us.
Cleaning out our own closets of the hidden, secret sin that we think we can hide from God. Oh, we may not be taking up the pipe, the pill or the bottle, but we have secrets of our own that we hide beneath our Pharisee robes. Dare we be transparent and honest? What would people think? Well, I think maybe the more important question we should be asking ourselves is "What does God think about our hidden sins?" We may not be using or slipping around in the darkness to visit old friends in old places, but are we holding onto grudges? Is there bitterness in our hearts? Do we harbor unforgiveness? And the most important thing of all....Have we ignored the things of God? Have we forgotten our first love, Jesus? Have we become so saturated with doing and going that we fail to realize the importance of simply "BEING!" Being the kind of child that pleases the Father. Being a servant to those who come through our doors to the meetings each week. More than that, are we servants in our daily lives?

Every time I begin to pray for God to come and bring revival, I have this picture of a huge fire...I mean a ginormous fire, with flames towering into the night. Flames that light up the darkness driving back the dark and shadows. All around the fire are people who have come to see what was happening. And the main question they ask is "What is on fire? What caused this fire?" The fuel for such a fire to take place is our hearts that have been touched and awakened by God.  IF we allow this revival, this move of God to begin with us, we will see people come to a saving knowledge of this Jesus we have fallen in love with.

I do not want to be the one who stands in the way of God's plans.
I do not want to have a hard heart and a stubbornness that keeps others from finding the life that God has invited all to join.
I want to be a part of the fire...
I want to be a Romans 12:1 kind of person.
A living sacrifice, holy and pleasing unto God.
I want His life, not mind.
When we all can come to this point........
I think maybe we will see true revival in our meetings, in our lives, and in the lives of others.

God on you..
mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...