Wednesday, October 25, 2017

We Are On Display For The World To See


Psalm 106:8
Nevertheless, He saved them for His name's sake, that He might make His mighty POWER known.

The verse from Psalm 106 is the very core of recovery and moving through the Twelve Steps in our daily lives. Jesus is the Higher Power. He does for me what I cannot do for myself. His work in me puts me in a position to where my very life is a walking, talking message as to His goodness and His ability.  He saved me....He is saving me....and He will save me. All a work of progress as I move farther and farther away from that old Life I use to think was so valuable.

Hanging on to places that only fed me death...
Not knowing what real love was, I tried to do so to people who only wanted to use me. I can't get too mad, I did the same things to others around me. We fed on each other. Now all of that has changed. All of that old life has been swept away. I have a new life, a new reason to live it. II Corinthians 5:17 reads---"Therefore, if anyone is IN Christ, he is a new creation. Old things have passed away, behold all things have become new. " Did you catch that? The old things.....the old ways, thoughts and behaviors....the old places we use to haunt.....the "old" people we use to run with....all of these have become dead to us. They no longer hold or have the same value they use to. How so? Because we are not trying to live this life that seem to escape us in our own strength and ability. We are IN Christ...And Christ is IN us.  From this place, I only desire to hang out with others who have found this new way of living. I want to hear their stories. I want to be encouraged by them to not quit when life gets hard, but to push on. Push against the resistance that seems to want to slow me down so I will become frustrated and give up.

I am nothing more than an empty vessel for God to pour himself into. When I come to him, turning will and life over to his care, he fills me up with His Holy Spirit...the Power I've been looking for.
II Corinthians 4:7 - But we have this treasure (God's Spirit living in us) in earthen vessels (our mortal bodies) that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. In other words, it's all about God....
He saved me....
He placed His Holy Spirit inside me....
That Spirit directs me daily on how I should live....
I simply follow Him instead of my own thoughts and desires....
I do this one day at a time....
One moment at a time....
If I stumble and fall,  I get up, ask for forgiveness and move forward.
I Will not lay there in the mess of my failure and allow the devil to belittle me into rejecting the forgiveness that only God can provide.
Today, may you find this POWER I have written about.
My you run into my Jesus, and find out the truth about today's posting for yourself.

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...