Saturday, December 16, 2017

Candle Light Tonight


I John 1:5
This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare it to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

Tonight at VRC, we will be holding our Candle light service. A celebration of God invading our time and space to bring the illuminating word that a Savior has been born. This will be our 21st Candle light service, and each one has been different. Each one has focused on a different aspect of Christmas and the birth of the Christ child.

This is my wife's most favorite service of all time, and I must confess that she is the reason that we do this service. Years ago when I was ordained, she asked if we could hold a candle light service. All her growing up years, the church she attended had such a service during the Christmas season. Of course my answer was "Yes!"..so the service was born...

Tonight will be a time of music and scriptures....
A time of reflection on what has transpired this year, as well as a looking forward to where we are headed in the coming year.
It will be a time of great intimacy and fellowship.

A time to reflect on the simple proclamation that "He has redeemed my soul from the pit of emptiness."

Tonight's service starts at 7 p.m....
VRC Is located on Broad Street, downtown Gadsden, between 4th and 5th streets.

If you're free, come out and join us...

God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...