Friday, December 29, 2017

Father Martin




Psalm 34:1-5
I will praise the Lord at all times.
I will constantly seek His praises.

I will boast only in the Lord.
Let all who are helpless take heart.
Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness, let us exalt His name together.
I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me.
He freed me from all my fears.
Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with Joy.
No shadow of shame will darken their faces.


The path to sobriety...
The path to something greater than sobriety....
We seek, at first, only sobriety because of the destruction we have brought on ourselves.
But once the journey has begun, we discover that there is life that goes beyond the absence of drugs and alcohol.
We find that we are empowered by God to rebuild our lives.
That we truly do have a future and a hope found in Christ.
That we no longer have to dwell in shame and guilt, but can move beyond those deadly twins of addiction.


We stand in the light of a new day....
Embracing the call to repent, confess and receive, we find that we are filled with the very Power we have been searching for all along...
The Power and the Presence of God's Holy Spirit.

What is our part in all of this new life?
To simply cooperate and follow Jesus.


I chose a Father Martin video this morning because of his honesty and ability to put in simple terms what recovery is all about.
I first learned of Father Martin during my time at Rapha. We had several video's we used in the classroom, and each time I watched one, I came away with the understanding that Father Martin was a very humble man. He could have used his sobriety and position to elevate himself, but chose not to. He became a voice in recovery that shared the Steps and his own personal journey whenever asked to do so.


So take a moment and listen to what Father Martin has to share.
May you find peace today...
May you find Jesus today...

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...