Friday, December 22, 2017

John Piper's THE INNKEEPER




Tradition....
An anchor to the past that helps us stay on course in this thing we call life.
Tradition....
A place of familiarity as the world changes around us at a frightening pace.
Tradition....
A two edged sword that can either bring back good memories....
Or can freeze you in time so that you will not move beyond the tradition...
"We've never done it this way!"
Tradition.....
Man's exultation of self will and accomplishment through a repeated recount of the victory...
Or God's humbling remembrance of what blessings He has given to us...in spite of us.

Here at the Greene Street Letters, I have a Christmas tradition that started 10 years ago.
I found a video reading by John Piper of a poem entitled "THE INNKEEPER."
A telling of a story where Jesus returns to the place of His birth, searching out the man who had shown kindness to His parents, Mary and Joseph, by allowing them to stay in his stable.
I was so moved by this poem that I have shared each year in this season...
May you take the time to listen to the reading, and may you be filled with all wonder and awe at the reality of who this Jesus truly is...
And what He has done for you and me.....

Merry Christmas from the "B's" in Attalla...
God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...