Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Jesus Laughed?




Laughing..........
Smiling.................
Joyous...................
These are not emotions that most would assign to Jesus.
After all, He was fully God and fully man.
I really don't want to credit the devil with humor (although he does take it and put it in the gutter sometimes).

I think God created humor and laughter and giggles and guffaws and chortles and other assorted displays of human emotion.
I know that Jesus was here for a reason.
I know there was a seriousness to His life, but I also know that I read in Scripture where little children went to him without any prompting. 

He took the children unto himself. Little children are very astute as to human conduct and nature. They are stand offish if they perceive you to angry or solemn or grumpy (not one of the dwarf's from Snow White).
God exhibits all the emotions because He created them.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not trying to bring God down to a human level and portray Him as operating in the same manner that you and I do. Scripture clearly states that "His way are not like mine and His thoughts are higher than mine."

We read in Romans 2:4 reads, "Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?"
It's not the anger or wrath of God that leads to repentance.
It's not the power and might of God that draws people to repentance....
It is the almighty, ever lasting heart of Father God in kindness that draws mankind to a place of salvation.

I like the picture of "laughing" Jesus.
I take comfort in it, even if it is a painting down to be representative of an idea someone had as to the nature and character of Jesus.
I don't disqualify or choose not to see the side of Jesus as pictured in Rev. 19. as a returning King to bring judgement to the world. There is more to Jesus than anger and wrath.
I am grateful for that.
God on you........
mb

(Originally posted / April 6, 2010)


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...