Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Believe



Before I began this posting, I pray and hope that everyone made it o.k. through the storms that rolled through last night. I did what I could to prepare for it, but then Vicki and I prayed God's grace and protection to cover. Please be in prayer for those who did sustain damage.
Mark 5:36
But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus.."Don't be afraid. Just believe (Have faith).
Jairus, a leader in the synagogue, has come to Jesus asking for his daughter to be healed....she is dying. Funny how when it's your children you will do whatever it takes to see them well. Jairus probably had been at odds with Jesus in the past, but now that tragedy has come to his home and it is his little girl's life....he will go to the only source he knows who could heal her.
As Jesus and Jairus are making their way to where the little girl is a group of men come up to tell them that the girl has died. Died...as in dead...as in not living any longer. You can't deny the truth of what these men said. It is a fact...it is reality. I'm sure that Jarius went numb with this news. I'm sure that there was guilt that he had not left sooner to find Jesus. But as Jairus began to feel the first pains of grief start to wash over him, Jesus speaks the most incredible words....."Don't be afraid...just have faith...only believe."
How many times do I let the world's truth dictate to me? To let what I see rule my life? To allow the situations and circumstances drive me rather than my faith. The world comes and gives me one message; "You're a fool to think anything can be done about your situation".....but I want to hang on to the words of Christ..."Don't be afraid.....Don't listen to that message...Only believe...Only have faith.
Just like Jairus, I have to remember that it was me who came to God in prayer. Why would I pray only to not believe that He will act on it?
Today......only believe God and not the message of this world.
God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...