Saturday, March 17, 2018

Breathe




There are many levels to this thing we call "Salvation".....
Oh, it's not that they get you a better seat in heaven....
The level's are our awareness of who God really is.

More than a Savior...
More than John 3:16...

More than singing "How Great Thou Art"....

It is that sudden awareness that washes over you when you come to realize that you are being called into a relationship with the real-deal, creator of the universe, burning bush-part the Red Sea God.

The measuring of your own worth against someone who was before time.
Who looked upon your misery and self-inflicted pain...
Someone who came with such a heart of love for you that He stretched himself out upon a cross and allowed himself to receive nails into His flesh. Why? Because He was going to pay a debt you and I could never pay. A sin debt that demanded a blood sacrifice.


And as bad as the physical aspect of the cross was....
It was the moment when God released His full fury on His own Son who hung on that cross.

God's wrath was poured out in fullness on Him because Jesus had taken the sin of the world upon Himself. It was such a horrific moment that God caused darkness to fall upon the earth. No human was worthy to view such a thing. 

How must God have felt when that moment came....
To hear His own Son cry out....."My God! My God! Why have you forsaken me!!"

And it is the realization of what Christ did for me that causes me to find no value in anyone or anything else.

As Marie Barnett sings...."You are the very air I breathe"...."You are my daily bread"...

So this morning, as I type these words....
I am very much in tune to who God is....

Don't let Him simply be a "Gift-giver"....nothing wrong with the blessings and gifts He brings to us. But He is so much more.
See Him today for who He truly is.
See Him in His majesty...
See Him in the glory of His name...
See Him and proclaim "Woe is me for I am undone".

I don't think we can come in contact with God and not be affected by His presence.

I want to stay in His presence daily until I draw my last breath...
Then I will see Him face to face....

More than religion...
More than church....

He is God.....

God on you....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...