Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Tuesday Ramblin's


Busy day yesterday.....
Here, there, back again, over yonder...all part of the journey.
Telephone calls from old friends...new friends...and close friends.
Burn Cd's from Northside service yesterday.
Lesson # 4 from I Corinthians 13. This whole "series" teaching is a new and strange animal for me.
Not complaining...
I am enjoying it. It is stretching me as I search Scripture and spend time with God to seek what He would have me say.

And now.....
Tuesday morning....
I get to do it all over again...
The journey I mean.
Thinking on God and the awesomeness of who He is...
How strange for me (the mortal and finite) to be trying to understand and grasp someone who is infinite. I don't search for facts or tidbits of intellectual morsel's. I look to and listen for God to show me Himself through the Scripture.

Taught from Psalm 139 over at Elmo's Transitional house yesterday morning. One of my most favorite chapters. Basic premise of the first four verses is "He is God.......I am not." He knows more about me than I know of myself. To think I could ever pull the wool over God's eyes shows exactly what a "goober" I am.

V1. - O Lord, You have searched me and known me. Notice anything? "You have KNOWN me".  Past tense. Even before I knew Him...He not only knows me...but, here again, knows me better than I know myself.

V.2 - You know my sitting down and my rising up. You understand my thought afar off. He knows  the timing of my day...the steps I take and the places I go. In my own noggin of thought, He sees it all. Such understanding of God either excites you and warms your heart....or it scares the diddly-to out of you.

V.3 - You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. The direction my feet take (as a result of following my heart) God knows. I love the part where God is "Acquainted with all my ways." In other words, I can't get away with anything because God knows.

And lastly....the verse that just kind of sums up Psalm 139....
V.4 - For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. Such a thought as this is very humbling to me. It reveals a God that is much larger than my thoughts. A God who possesses all power, all knowledge, all love and all judgement...and yet in spite of His greatness and my mess-uppy-ness...He still wants to have a relationship with me. Sounds like a good deal to me. Take time to consider your understanding of God. I want a God that cannot be contained by human wisdom. I want a God who does not fit in anyone's box. I want to have relationship with the real-deal God.

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...