Monday, April 23, 2018

Fired Up



Luke 24:45
And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

I don't think I've heard very many messages that point to this verse in Luke.
Not a thought that many give heed to....
Maybe that is why some teach that before you or I read the Bible, we should pray for God to open our hearts and minds to comprehend what we read.

So why the picture above of a church burning?
Because that is a desire of my heart...to see meetings come alive with the Spirit of God stirring in the middle of those present.

You see, to me, in the picture I see a church on fire. But the only reason it's on fire is because those in attendance are on fire. Fire of God's Holy Spirit that has the power to lift us all up into the presence of God when we gather to worship.

Saturday night at VRC, Debbie Handy taught on the presence of God.....
She led worship, and her songs were all about us coming into the presence of God. He was there in our meeting....
It was what I refer to as "Family" evening. Small group of regulars that had come together to celebrate the goodness of God through what had transpired in their lives the week before. 

There was fellowship.....
There was worship....
There was a teaching of the word....
There was ministry.....
There was encouragement to go out and chase HIM this coming week....

And God was there in the middle of it all, moving on our hearts.
Who could ask for anything more....

So this morning, I'm having Step # 11 thoughts in mind....
What is Step #11?
I'm glad you asked.
I want this week to be filled with me Seeking to improve my conscious contact with God through prayer and meditation, asking only for His will to be done in my life, and for the power to carry it out.


I'm asking for God to fire me up....
Burn away all the dross and mess of this world that has contaminated my heart.
To purify me!
To let my steps (moving through daily life) be sure and steady.
To not let my mind or heart be drawn away from Him,  so as to chase the dark desires that only my flesh can bring up.


To remain sober....
To remain in His care...
To never forget the power of His love in my life when I accept it.

Not a bad deal, is it?
I didn't think so...
Go find God today!


God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...