Thursday, August 16, 2018

What If It Were True?



Today could be the day....
What IF today were the day.....

How would you react?
With great fear?
Or joy, expectation, overwhelming excitement.


Today could be the day of Jesus' return to take His church unto Himself.
Some call it the "rapture"....
Some refer to it as "meeting Jesus in the air"...
Doesn't matter what you call it.

I believe in the event.

Now I'm not here to debate the "When" of this event.
Some people get all wrangled, tangled up thinking that they have it all figured out.
I've looked at all the possibilities, and there seems to be enough evidence to support all of them.

I think maybe this is one of God's little 'jokes' he has orchestrated. After all, if you believe the Scripture then even Jesus doesn't know the exact time. Another little mystery. If God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are three in one...then how can two of the three not know?  Not for me to say. Not for me to focus on such.

I remember back in the 1980's there was a lot of attention paid to the return of Christ. Of course some of that attention wasn't always good...such as the book that was written "88 Reasons Christ Will Return in 1988". I'm sure that there a few copies lying around in some thrift store somewhere. Such dating for the event always becomes fodder for ridicule. I digress.

Jesus stats plainly in John chapter 14, verses 1 through 4.
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe God, believe also in Me. My Father's house has many rooms, if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

Then there are the verses from II Thessalonians chapter 4, verses 17 and 18.
After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage (comfort) one another with these words.

Are you living in anticipation of this reunion? Or are you so wrapped in the day to day that you don't even think about it? I think there is a lot of skepticism in the world today. Not just about the Rapture but about the very person of Christ Himself. There is much spiritual darkness as the devil and his kingdom of darkness seems to have control and eminent victory over God. Well as radio host Jan Markell likes to say...."Things are falling apart in this old world. They are falling into place. 

Maybe it's because I've got some years and mileage on this old body, but the idea of Jesus coming back to take His followers home to be with him grows sweeter and sweeter with each passing day. At the same time, I know that there are those out there who haven't heard the message of the cross, and continue to live outside the will of God. Living in such a manner puts them under the judgement that we all carried about before we were saved. I want everyone to know and meet my Jesus. No one left behind.

So just in case today is the day....
Just in case someone finds this blog and reads this posting....
I hope and pray that you consider your ways and your belief's.
Began a search for the truth.

You'll find it in an event that took place on a hill outside of the city of Jerusalem.

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...