Monday, December 29, 2008

What To Do



We are a celebrating people.
We love a good party.
Don't really have to have a reason to host one.

We tend to look forward to a new year with hope and energy and a possibility for good things to happen.

But if we don't consider change for ourselves, we only fool ourselves.

We "hope" things get better. But don't let the "hope" interfere with my lifestyle. Let me continue in my ways. Let me feed my flesh and live according to its dictates and wants. Funny how we perceive this to be the normal way of living.


We like the idea of a new year.

A new opportunity. A fresh start. A clean slate. I don't want to change, but I do want my circumstances and situations to change. I spent the better part of the holiday's with my family and I came away with some very interesting observations:


1.) We are all getting older. Beginning with Vicki and me, working its way down to the grand children, we are all moving on in life.


2.) The focus this season was on family, not gifts or presents. My sons and daughter-in-laws seem to truly enjoy being together this year. We are all a lot more comfortable with ourselves and with each other.


3.) There is a deeper love for Christ, His church and what He is calling us to as individuals.


4.) There was a realization among my family that times are hard and may get harder. I did not hear a lot of dark, negative, fearful talk among my children. I did hear that God was sovereign and, as such, they will look to Him as their provider.


So as we approach 2009, I do so with a renewed hope that sees beyond the pseudo-salve being handed out by society to make us feel better. I want to go into 2009 with my eyes wide open and my heart full of God. I want to see Him in every event, every situation and every circumstance. I want to praise Him no matter what comes our way.


2009 --- Another year that we get to see God in a way we have never seen Him before.


God on you.........


mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...