Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Corner

If anything, I want to be responsible for what God has given to me.
I know that this blog is one of the things he has entrusted me with. It began in 1994 with a simple mail out to a few folks to remind them of a home meeting (we referred to them a KIN SHIPS) that my wife, Vicki, and I hosted every other Saturday night.
The note grew as I began to include what was going on in our lives as well as the life of our kinship. We put the GREENE STREET LETTERS down in 2002. But I kept writing and keeping a journal over those years. When I began to blog, I wanted to do a Greene Street Letter but it just never came to be.

When I changed the name of this blog back at the first of the year (thanks Bobby Sparks), I began to see a change in the perception of the blog. More people began to log on and read. That was an encouragement to keep on writing. What I'm trying to say is that we each should find out what God has entrusted us with and be a good steward with it. The "what" we have been given by God is not important for each of us has a corner of the kingdom to influence for God. It may be in a classroom or a factory. You may work in a hospital or an office but where every you are, look for ways to influence those around you with the Word of God. Please! Let God lead you in this. WE don't need to jump on soap boxes ( I don't know that I've truly ever seen a soap box) and become a pharisee for Jesus. Our greatest prayer should be for God to teach us to love others as He does. Without that 4 letter word.....L....O....V...E, the apostle Paul says that we are nothing more than clanging cymbals and empty thoughts and words. Love brings purpose to what we do and say. Not the love the world has, but the love that only comes from God.

I confess that I struggle with this.....loving others. I say it with my mouth, but find it hard to carry out in the real world. I don't want to simply give lip service to this but truly be changed by the Holy Spirit. I want to love those that deep inside, I don't want to love. Then and only then will I know that I am truly growing in God. No more games or acting religious. I need to be about the business of loving. Now don't confuse love with excusing. God does not excuse or turn away from sin. Every thing God does to bring someone to repentance is done with love, kindness and mercy. Seems as though I tend to use judgment, criticism and pressure. Like I said, I have a long way to go.
Pray for me as I will pray for you that we all learn to love with Kingdom Love.
God on you......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...