Friday, September 17, 2010

Today....

Found a penny lying on the ground this morning.
The date on the penny?
1998....
I have a lot of memories that are good that took place in 1998.
Was God speaking to me through that penny?

Did He want me to realize that I was richer because of that penny?
After all, I had one more penny than I did prior to seeing it lying there on the ground.
Did He want me to realize that becoming rich in Him sometimes comes in small increments (if we could measure them)? That it is a continual "enriching" that goes on all day and that it happens in such a way that unless I took time to pray and meditate on His word, I would miss it.
Did He want me to see the phrase "IN GOD WE TRUST" on that penny to remind me that He is my portion in this day............not the Federal government.........not congress..........not any king, ruler or dictator...........Almighty God is Jehovah Jirah.
Did He want me to remember how the sun reflected off the penny which was why I stopped to pick it up? That I am to reflect the Son of God , Jesus in my own life that this reflection might draw others aside and cause them to give pause to the truth they have avoided.
Did He want me to remember that looking down in humility is where the greatest treasures are found.
How many walked by that penny today, never giving thought to it or taking the time to stoop and pick it up? Humility is simply agreeing with God who God says I am.

Wow...all this from a single penny lying on the ground at the Quick shop.
Thank you Lord for this lesson today.

God on you.........
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Thanks for sharing this reflection with us.

Greene Street Letters said...

Thank you, mr. Sparks.
Look forward to having breakfast with you again soon.
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...