Thursday, June 2, 2011

Miracle-Gro~

James 1:4
So let it grow (faith) for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.

Let it grow?
My faith?

That means that faith must be a living, changing, spiritual part of my relationship with Jesus.
It also means that the faith I possess today could be greater, larger, more in touch tomorrow if I exercise it.

I don't think this is a "works" issue. By that, I mean that I don't believe it is simply me doing a whole bunch of "God" stuff and in return He grants me a greater measure of faith.
It is a "Being" issue. You see, God created us to be human "beings" not human "doings".
If I walk out my daily life trusting in God and the work of Jesus on the cross, I am being who I was created to be.
Jesus, my Savior, intercedes or speaks to the Father on my behalf, daily, constantly (It's a mystery, I don't  know how he can do that for everyone, but he can). The Father has given to me His Holy Spirit as a "voice" to guide me and to offer to me the best decisions for situations I face.
By relinquishing my control in order to embrace His guidance, I am exercising my faith.
The longer I live in this behavior, the more I grow........the more my character is changed and I become more and more like my Savior, Jesus.

If you read the book of Revelation, you'll find an interesting term.
Rev. 2:7
Rev. 2:12
Rev. 2:17
Rev. 2:26
Rev. 3:12
We read, "To him who overcomes."
To me, when I read the word "overcomes", I have the sense that it is people who have not given up.
People who have dug their heels in against the winds of this world and said, "I will not surrender....I will not give up." In other words, we are to "spiritually" outlast the attacks of this world.

Praise God! We don't have to do this in our own strength, but have the complete favor of heaven covering us.

I want my faith to grow as I endure to the end.
I don't know how many days I have left here before my life ends.
I pray that God grant me many more years because my work for the kingdom is not complete.
But if He chooses to bring me home today....I won't to be faithful and believing right up till I draw my last breath.

I know that life is hard these days.
I know that the world is trying to fling 'fear' over us and draw us away from the assurance that God has given.
Don't let it happen.
Endure.
Cry out to God.
Surround yourself with others who are on this journey.
There truly is strength in numbers, especially when Jesus is at the center and is the focus of the people you are moving with.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...