Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Turkey's or Eagles?


(Borrowed from the SACRED SANDWICH)

"This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline (or a sound mind)......II Timothy 1:6-7

We grow cold, hard and indifferent when we "quit" on God.
Quitting comes in many shapes, forms and fashions.
Quitting can appear when we simply grow complacent or apathetic about our relationship with Christ.
We quit walking out the disciplines He has called us to.
We quit reading our Bibles.
We quit praying.
We quit going to church or Bible study or what ever you may call the community of believers you hang out with.
We quit giving of our time, talent and MONEY for the Kingdom work.
In others words......we quit. But there is one thing we don't quit.
We don't quit expecting God to haul our bacon out of the fire when we get in trouble.
We don't quit expecting God to bless us...after all "He is God and we are only human and He understands that so He will keep on piling on the blessings even though we have quit on Him.
Sorry Charlie!
It doesn't work that way....
Does it?

Hebrews 2:1 reads:
"So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it."
Drifting away from truth means that we are moving closer to lies and falsehoods.
Drifting away from the truth means we are leaving a place of safety and headed
for a place of danger.
Another translation of scripture reads, "How can we neglect so great a salvation?"
How can we simply cast it aside like some old coat in order to go about our own business?
I don't think we can.
Sometimes we (and here I mean me) need to be reminded of our need to stay in
close proximity of Jesus.
I know the Holy Spirit resides in me.
Close proximity involves keeping my thoughts on Jesus
and my own personal will at arms length away from me.
I do so to embrace His will.

Don't be one of the frozen chosen!
God on you....
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...