Monday, March 19, 2012

Signs, Signs Every Where Are Signs

Job 33:13
But God speaks first one way, then another yet man does not perceive it.

God is a communicating God.
He is constantly revealing himself and his kingdom plans to his children.
Scripture says that the "heavens declare the glory of God."
So God communicates to us (believers) even in the natural world around us.
Yet...........
We may miss it from time to time.
Yesterday was one of those days when God was communicating.

I had gone from my walk and was almost through.
I had made my circle through the neighborhood and had turned to come up Greene Street to the house.
I had my mp3 player going, listening to a message, when suddenly off to my left, something caught my eye.
It was a single die.
The kind like you would use in a kids game.
The side facing up was the number "5".
the die was sitting at the very edge of a driveway but not quiet in the street.
I glanced up at the mailbox and saw that the address was 319.
Number 5...
At 319 Greene Street.
5 and 319.
Through study, I knew that the number "5" was the number for grace.
Grace being a power, a force given by God.
In fact my life had been changed by a series of messages Vicki and I listened to years ago by James Ryles on Grace.

I won't go into the teaching, but James' definition of grace has always stuck with me.
"Grace is the empowering presence of God in my life that enables me to be who God created me to be and to do what God has called me to do.".........GRACE!
Then it suddenly dawned on me (actually I think the Holy Spirit revealed the truth)
Today is March 19....
3 - 19!
And the number 5 is the number for grace.
Is God trying to say that there would be grace for this day? March 19?
That I would need to remind myself of God's grace because something might be happening today.
Could there be an attack from the enemy today that would require a greater grace from God.
I don't necessarily mean that God carries around different degrees of Grace, just that my awareness of his grace might be more evident than usual.

I know that last night was a terrible night for me physically.
I was up most of the night with stomach trouble and couldn't sleep.
Finally got to bed between 2 and 2:30 a.m.
Even though I have had little sleep, I am not groggy or even tired.
Is the grace for me today as I go to Rapha to teach?
One thing I do know.
I was to share this message with all who stop by Greene Street Letter to read today's posting.
For that very reason, I think maybe this is a message for all believers.
We have a greater need for God's grace today than ever before.
It is there for all who call out for God to pour over them.
"Give me your grace, Lord!"
Just receive the goodness of God this morning and then go walk in grace.

God on you......
mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

I love the different ways God speaks to us! During one of the hardest times of my life, I kept finding nickles in the strangest places...God is good.

Greene Street Letters said...

Yes He is!!
mb

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...