Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Am Making Good Time.....I Think



Human footsteps...
Headed somewhere....
Coming from somewhere.....
Movement....
Leaving one place....
Moving to another.
This other place isn't always a good place to be...
Or a good place to live.
Footsteps....

We are all headed to a destination, that being eternity. Even as I sit here in my home, and the word "eternity" comes on my screen, I still can't comprehend what it means. I have an understanding of eternity. I can measure it by scenarios......If a sparrow dipped it's beak in the Atlantic ocean and took a drink, holding the water in its mouth, and then flew across America to empty his beak full of water into the Pacific ocean.......and if that same sparrow did this until the Atlantic Ocean was empty....that would be but a moment in eternity. See what I mean?

So if I'm headed to a transition, so to speak, from this side of eternity, to the other side....wouldn't what I do here affect what happens afterwards? I think so.
This is where the religion's of the world divide into many paths.
I believe there is only one path that leads to a better life after I die. That path being Jesus Christ.
John 14:6 reads: Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Life is about choices.
Choices that I make as I take the footsteps to this journey.
If you are familiar with the blog then you know I'm all about the 12 steps.
They offer a new direction for a life that has been overwhelmed by the destruction of addiction.
They offer life....
They offer a chance to change the direction of our footsteps, thereby changing the destination of our eternity.
I don't want to make the steps out to be some kind of mystical-hoo-doo...they aren't.
But given the nature of what they say, the steps can and will take you to Jesus.
As a friend of mine use to tell me...."Mikey....you can do the 12 steps and not hit your head on the cross."
You know what?
I believe it.
That is the reason I get up every day. Jesus is real and I want my footsteps to be toward Him.
That is the reason I teach the word of God every day.
I want others to be awakened to the fact that their footsteps and subsequent destiny, does not have to be toward an eternity of separation from Jesus.

I had a good friend ask me years ago, after I had shared with him about this new found relationship I had with Jesus....."Michael...what are you going to do, if when you die you discover that all that you believed was a hoax? What are you going to do if when you die, that's it. Nothing happens afterwards. No heaven, no hell, nothing?" My reply was this....
"Well, if there is nothing...then I'm o.k. with that. I've a had a good life. I've been married to a wonderful woman....got a great family. God has allowed me to have the desire of my heart which was to make music. He has allowed me to play with some incredible musicians and to have some good, close friends. If it is all a hoax....then I've had a great life."
Then I asked my friend, "What are you going to do, if when you die you discover that it WAS real? That this Jesus is who He claims he is, and that there is a heaven and a hell.....a God and a devil...and that all the people who had spoken into your life were sent by God to get your attention?"
My friend had no reply.

So where are your footsteps taking you today?
To an eternity of life....
Or an eternity of separation?
God provided us with a wonderful road map....
It's call the Bible.
He also has given us a GPS to guide us....
He is called the Holy Spirit.
I trust that you find Him today....

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...