Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012


Merry Christmas to all!
Now...I can stop and rest..
It has been a season and time of going and coming....all very fulfilling.
Went to the movies with the grand kids....."Wreck-it Ralph"...much laughter and giggles and memories.

Last Night's Communion / Candlelight service at Christ Central was much needed for myself. Sometimes it really good for me to go and just be a part of the service...
Saw many friends....
Hugs and "Merry Christmas" all around..
Home to a good meal....many cups of warm coffee to soothe the body and mind.
My couch....my slippers....my oh my...
My son Chad comes by to pick up his Christmas stash that has remained hidden from his family....Looking forward to today with him, Robin and the grand kids...

More coffee and a snickerdoodle..the bestest cookie in the world...
Watching Christmas Story for the umpteenth-gazillion time...
I know every one says it....but for me it's the truth....I was "Ralphie Parker" with the Red Ryder Range Rifle 200 shot carbine....

Sleep........glorious sleep.........
Now here I sit at my computer with this posting....
It is Christmas 2012...

If I could....no child would get up on this day without a present under the tree...
There would not be any thought or tears as to why Santa didn't come to their house...
There would be jobs for Dad's who couldn't find work....
And warm house shoes and coats for Mom's who are alone....

But....
I'm not Santa....
Life truly isn't a reflection of what our television's tell us about how Christmas is suppose to be...
Life doesn't feel the tears of a child....
Life doesn't care about the pain of a broken home or an abusive parent....
Life goes on....grinding up and spiting out those who are in the way....
But....
There is one....
One greater than life....

One who will bring comfort in spite of the pain....
One who will bring peace in spite of the loneliness...

One who can take us through anything life throws at us....
He is the reason I can say, "Merry Christmas".....
Jesus....
Christ the Lord....

Do you know Him?
If not, today is a good day to start....


Merry Christmas from the "B's"....

God on you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas

Jk

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...