Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Another "3:16"

There are some things that seem to be a natural part of our cultural landscape.
If someone mentions "hamburgers".....thoughts of McDonalds creep into our brains.
Mention "sand and surf", you probably think of the beaches at Florida.
Bring up "Music from the '60's" and you'll get The Beatles.
These kind of things just seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly.

What about the Bible?
When you think of familiar verses in Scripture, which one do you consider first?
My bet would rest on John 3:16----
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
You might not be able to quote it word for word, but most people know the crux of the verse...the meaning of the verse.

What if there were another 3:16 that carried equal weight as John 3:16?
What if John 3:16 was the doorway to relationship with Jesus Christ?
I don't think you have to place such thoughts in the category of "What if?"
I do believe it is pegged or marked as the entrance into this new life we have been searching for.
But what would the next step be?
I think we only have to look to another 3:16 verse to find it.
Luke 3:16 - John answered, saying to all, "I indeed baptize you with water, but One mightier than I is coming whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."

The awakening to God's Holy Spirit, given to us at the moment of salvation is the POWER rockets us to a new dimension of living. It is the Spirit of God that enables us to receive what we could not do for ourselves in that old lifestyle we use to embrace. We have been given fresh vision to see in ways we could never imagine. To hear on a level with fresh ears, the voice and leading of God that will help us correct our path each day as move through the events and situations we run into.

It is the infusion of the Power and Presence of God himself inside us that changes everything. The completeness of God, the Father........God, the Son.......and God, the Holy Spirit poured out on and in me changes everything.
Why not call out to God to receive today?
"Oh God! Let your fire fall. Let Your Holy Spirit come and flood over me! I surrender! I give up! I quit! I stand ready in Your presence to give myself........heart...soul...mind...body...spirit...every part of me. Come save me today!"
Now that's what I'm talking about....

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...