Tuesday, February 5, 2013

No Compromise



Exodus 20:1-3
And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no others gods before Me.

These are the opening words to the 10 Commandments, often referred to as the Law, or the Law or Moses.
Strange, but when we hear the word "law", it causes something inside of us to cringe. Something that whispers to us that we can't keep or fulfill the demands that are being placed on us. Why is that?

I think it is the broken part of us that speaks such things.
That old nature of sin, that knows that it knows we are not a people who can keep rules and regulations. Yet, God knows this also. He knows that someone in addiction is drawn to disobey even when it brings destruction upon themselves.
He understands the dilemma faced by mankind each day. But the answer to our problems isn't found by a list of rules or commandments. Those stand like a mirror to let us see that we can't keep them. The purpose of the law was to reveal our need for a Savior. Someone who could take the penalty of the law away. Romans 3:23 tells us that "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Who falls under the "ALL" Category? Everyone who is drawing breath here on this planet. So basically we are all in trouble. No matter how hard we try. No matter how bad we want to do right and be able to come before God, it just isn't going to happen. Is there consequences for living like this? Yes.
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Wages of sin is death? But doesn't everyone die? Of course we do. When we come out of our mother's womb and the doctor slaps our behind and we cry, the clock starts ticking. This death that is spoken of as being the "Wages of sin" refers to what is known as a second death, or a spiritual death. It is the consequences reserved and earned by each individual who rejects God gift of salvation....eternal separation from Him, His kingdom and His family. In other words, the second death is hell.

So why did I pick the Keith Green song, "To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice"?
Because we need to remember,it is the will of God that we should simply obey. We don't earn God's favor or love by running around doing a bunch of religious stuff. We don't garner any more love or praise by acting religious when what we need to do is repent and allow Him to change our hearts. This song is from an album Keith recorded called "No Compromise".  To me that is the call of God on every believer's life. To not compromise the things of heaven for the things of this earth.
No compromise means having a "spiritual backbone" so to speak. That we aren't driven by our feelings or wants and needs, but we stand on the Word of God. Last time I checked, the Word of God was not open to compromise. It is what it says it is. Sometimes living in this fashion puts us at odds with those around us who do not know the truth of God. We are called names and whispered about in conversations. We are slandered and defamed by those who carry other views and opinions. I guess that is one thing I am most grateful for this morning. I don't have to live my life based on opinion and views....I have God's word.

When I compromise my God in order to live like the world (society) the consequences of such living is the removal of God's protection and blessings. It opens my life up to exposure of demonic influence and attacks.

When I compromise my God in order to live like the world, I will spend a lot of energy trying to harmonize the devil's religion with God's word. Such actions as this only bring down all of satan's curses upon me.

That is why I choose to obey....
No Compromise.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...