Monday, March 18, 2013

Prone To Wander, Lord, I Feel It





This video resembles the story behind this song. 
If you watch the video it follows Robert Robinson's life story to an extant. His father died when he was eight and his mother sent him to London at age 14. When he was 17 he and his drinking buddies went and attended a evangelistic meeting where he became close to the Lord and wrote this song not Long after.

This is the heart of the Gospel of Christ.....
It isn't about great orators who can stir the emotions with flowery words that paint pictures in our minds.

It isn't about music that stirs our hearts when we hear it.
It isn't about nature or the cosmos....Standing out looking up in the night sky and suddenly are aware that you are small and there must be something greater somewhere out there.

It is about the Holy Spirit of Almighty God meeting us right here, right now.
With all our mess....
With all our sin....
With all out doubts and fears...
And yet in spite of all of this, we cry out, "O God, save me!"

He comes and the divine connection is made...He, with saving grace, and us with darkness and sin...The great trade off through confession and repentance. He takes my sin and I receive His life.

This song, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, has followed all this day. It was in my CD player on the way to Hokes Bluff this morning.
It boomed and shook the cab of my truck as I sang and worshipped at the top of my lungs....Down Meighan Boulevard. The guitars and drums pounding out the truth of this day....God is the source of every blessing. I wish that I could dive into the deepest depths of this fount and come up screaming, "Yes! God, You are everything You claim to be!"

"Prone to wander, Lord I feel it....Prone to leave the God I love....Here's my heart o' take and seal it....seal it for Your courts above."
Lot of people don't like it when I say that this is my most favorite verse.
The idea that there is an urge or voice that whispers to me, seeking to draw me away from God. Knowing this keeps me in touch with the the simple fact that inside me is something tha,if I let loose, will entice me to leave this relationship I have with Christ. There is a voice that whispers to me sometimes. It is especially loud when I am most tired.

It soothing words come like the night breeze and are filled with sweet promises if I would only leave this Jesus. As quickly as though words fill my mind, my heart responds with the truth. Here is my heart...You bought it and paid the price for it. You take my heart Lord, and seal it in your safe keeping.

Come and meet us when we gather in Your name, Lord.
Come and reign over us and rain down on us Your grace, mercy and Love.
Come and change us for Your Kingdom.

Come thou fount of every blessing....

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...