Monday, November 4, 2013

Cursive Or Print? Neither---Flesh!



He stepped out of eternity....
A place that I can't even fathom.
A place that has no limits or boundaries...
He stepped out of eternity because of the love He felt for His Father and for us, His creation.
He came to set right everything that had gone wrong.
He came as THE payment for sin.
All sin.
Every sin that was ever committed was going to be paid for.
All creation had to do was accept this gift of new life that was going to be offered by Him.
John 1:12 -  But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.

He left the perfection of heaven to embrace a filthy, sinful, on-the-road-to-hell, world that was in need of a Savior.
He came down in the form of a baby boy.
Fooled all the intellectuals and religious folks of the day.
Somehow we see it as God putting one over on all those uppity folks.
God reminded me once that I would probably have one put over on me had I lived back then.
Funny how being on this side of His cross makes me read the scripture's different.
Kind of like knowing how the story is going to turn out so you have little patience with those in the story who don't see what is truly going on.
I have to remind myself daily that the story is still going on.
That story would be the last book of scripture.....Revelation.
Back to Jesus.

John, writer of the book of John, is remembering.
But it isn't remembering like you and I do.
He is remembering under the influence and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
These words we read that John wrote, are God-breathed words. They are not the by product of an active imagination. They were not born of romanticized concepts. They were place within John's being by the hand of God Himself.
Look at the beauty and majesty of John's words.......
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John said, "I have seen eternity clothed in flesh. I have seen the "I AM" of God."
I'm sure that John thought to himself, "How can the enormity of God fit within a mortal body of man?" But here He was. Walking, talking, eating, sleeping and teaching among them. Jesus the Christ. Jesus the Messiah. Jesus the anointed One sent by God the Father to be the once and for all time perfect sacrifice for the sin of the world. And He has given the right to become CHILDREN OF GOD to those who believe.

Grab your Bible and spend some time on the first fourteen verses of John Chapter One.
Let it roll around in your spirit.
Chew on it and savor the richness of what you read.
Digest the dynamics between God  and humanity.
Then place yourself at the center of this conversation and find gratitude for being given the right to be a child of God.

Kind of mind blowing isn't it.
Good way to start Monday off....

God on you....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...