Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dusty Thoughts And A Grateful Heart



Saturday morning....4:45 a.m.
My usual time of arising. Well into my first cup of coffee...
Garbage has been taken out in a husbandly fashion.

I have already dispatched several "dragon" that tried to rear their ugly heads in an effort to side track this day. So here I sit at my computer. Yes, I still have a desktop computer. I like having a station that I can work at. A designated "Spot" where the Greene Street Letters is formulated each morning. 

I'm going to have to retract something I wrote earlier in the week. The name of our Saturday meeting. I had written that I had heard God and that He wanted our name changed from Vineyard Recovery Church....to Vineyard After Dark. The "After Dark" part referring to the new life we receive in Christ, that this new life came after all the darkness of our addiction. Well, it turns out that I'm not suppose to. Vineyard After Dark was the name for our Wednesday night service back in 2002-2006. What God was showing me, was that there were several elements that were present in that meeting, that are beginning to show up in our current meeting. I guess since I was seeing the connections, I felt that He wanted the name change. Turns out it was just me. Sorry for the confusion. We are still Vineyard Recovery Church.

I spoke at Celebrate Recovery in Centre, Alabama last night. I've been making that journey for ten years come this fall. God has been very gracious to Vicki and me, as we have never gone there to be a part of their meeting what God has not shown up in a marvelous fashion. Last night was no different. I spoke on "Forgiving yourself" and the damage we live under when we can't forgiven ourselves. The front filled with people seeking to be free from the deadly poison of not forgiving yourself. "I know God can forgive me....but I just can't forgive myself"....this is the lie that a lot of people carry around because of all the damage and destruction that have caused.  

One young lady who came forward shared her story with me. I am not going to go into any details, but suffice it to say that she has been crushed by the events of her life. Things that she has done, and things that have been done to her by those closest to her, over the years, have combined to create a prison of unforgiveness. She was having trouble forgiving those who hurt her, as well as forgiving herself for the choices she made. As we talked, I felt that Vicki was to come over and help me minister to her. As always, my wife brings a level of understanding and love that goes right to the heart of the matter. I watched God begin in this young lady, a new work of healing. If you would, please join with Vicki and me in praying for her. Pray that she would receive what God is doing and not run back into that old way of living and thinking.

So here we are....
Saturday morning....
Meeting tonight at 7 p.m. / V.R.C.

I have felt all week that God was leading me to speak on the transformation that took place to an entire nation. A transformation that changed them forever.
Hope to see you tonight...


God on you...
mb

P.S.
Peggy...it was so good to see you last night.
"What say ye?"



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...