Sunday, July 27, 2014

We All Need The Real Jesus


Matthew 8:2-3
And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean."
Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, "I AM WILLING! Be cleansed." Immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

I knew that last nights message for Vineyard Recovery Church was to be about healing.
I knew that this was truly on God's heart and, I confess, that I saw the evening, in my mind, being played out a certain way. By that, I mean that I saw certain situations and people being used during the service. Of course God had other thoughts of His own, and His are much better than mine.

Around 2 p.m. I began to receive phone calls from people asking for prayer. They were people that I had not heard from in a number of years.. So why now? Why call now since I haven't heard from them in a while? Because it was God speaking.

Prayers for family that had suffered a heart attack that had done quiet extensive damage.
Prayers for a diagnosis of leukemia. Doctor's gave a prognosis of 2 months to a year left to live.
Prayers of cancer.
On and on the calls came. Some even under the guise of "I'm doing quiet well" but you could hear behind the voice that the individual was suffering. Their only request was for me to pray for them...........the conversation ended with "and please....don't stop praying." 
So many voices all looking for answers to their problem and situation.
They have turned to God.
It doesn't matter much about how correct your theology is when sickness comes. I mean the kind of sickness that threatens your life.
It doesn't matter what denominational flag you march under when the kingdom of darkness has invaded your body with an illness or a condition.
Suddenly God becomes real and the heart suddenly connects with the truth that He alone can heal. 

The best place to be in all of this, is in His hands.
To be at peace with yourself.....
Peace with others....
And at peace with God.

We do pray for healing....
We do not listen to the doctor's or what the tests may have revealed.
We pray healing down upon the body.

We have been given authority and His power to carry out the Kingdom mandate here on earth. Here in the middle of enemy territory, we will exercise the Kingdom call of Christ to be His vessel for healing and restoration.

For that very reason........for those who called yesterday.......
This morning I speak to the condition of heart attack and I say be healed in the name of Jesus.
I speak to leukemia and say be healed in the name of Jesus.
I speak to cancer......in every part of the body.....be healed in the name of Jesus.

Let Your Kingdom Come to each of these lives. Let your Kingdom "Will" be played out in each of these lives.
In the name of Jesus....
Amen!


God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...