Friday, July 3, 2015

Homesick




John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself that where I am, thee you may be also.

My apologies to all you really early risers who stop here for the Greene Street Letters. We slept in this morning. Well, for us 5:30 is pretty late in the day.
I guess better late than never, right, so here goes.

Found a Cd full of "Jesus People" music some days ago while I was cleaning out my office at Rapha. Downloaded it to my mp3 player and spent yesterday listening to it. Funny thing happened. I found myself homesick for heaven.
I don't mean that I had happy thoughts, or that I was enjoying the music. I was homesick.

Maybe it is my age. I am a few years older than when this music came out.
Maybe it is looking at the world and culture around me. I really don't fit in anywhere.

Maybe it was God.
I think, in fact, it was God.

I think sometimes the hope we have, coupled with the promises He has given to us, all crash together and you see and experience life here on planet earth in a different way.

The only thing that tempered this homesickness was the simple truth that there are still a lot of folks out there who don't know my Jesus. So while I am walking around like a pilgrim here in this town, I have a desire to make sure that I introduce my Jesus to them.

This should be the motivation that we receive from God as we live for  God.
To realize the truth of Acts 1:8--- That we would be clothed with Power when the Holy Spirit comes to us, and we would be HIS witnesses. I think the whole "homesick" thing is a positive reminder that we do have an inheritance waiting for us if we overcome this world by looking to Christ as our all sufficiency. 

Yesterday, while waiting in line at the bank, I saw someone put this "telling our story" into action. I was standing at the back of the line, they were at the front. I knew they couldn't see me, as they are a part of our Saturday night group that meets. I watched as they struck up a conversation with a lady who was also in line. Pretty soon the lady was crying and prayers were prayed for her. There in the bank, a divine appointment had taken place. God used this person to reach another who needed to hear truth, who needed an encouraging word. 

So yes....my heart burns to "Go and see the King"....but my heart also burns to keep on keepin' on here in this life He has given me. I don't know when Jesus will return for His church. I don't even know if I'll be alive when it happens. But either way, I am in a win-win situation. I'll get to be with Him no matter what. Such promises make the day bearable. Such promises fill me with hope, while the world runs dry. 

This Saturday night we will be teaching on the "Two sides of being Independent".  Meeting starts at 7 p.m. / we do stamp court cards / VRC is located downtown Gadsden on Broad street, between 4th and 5th streets across from Gadsden Variety Store. Hope to see you there.

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...