Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Thanks For Your Patience


II Timothy 4:18
"Yes, and the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack, and will bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom. All glory to God forever and ever! Amen.

I'm going to be shifting the time I post the daily writing here at the Greene Street Letters.
We're having work done on our house, so everything is kind of moved, shoved, stacked and stored. In this state, it hasn't been easy for me to get to my computer. I'm old school, so I don't tablet, pad, or phone. I sit at a desk and use a big honkin' personal computer. Needless to say, it is covered and moved which makes it hard to get to. With this in mind, I'll be posting on my computer at the church. 

I really like the verse from II Timothy....
Pretty heady stuff if you think about it. Paul is saying, "Hey guys...life is out there. Life is out there and the devil will use it against me. There will be tough times. There will be hard time...but no matter what...I win! I win whether I live out my life and die of natural causes...or if I am killed by those who seek to take my life. God will be faithful to carry me all the way through. We don't really like to think about God's faithfulness being played out in extremely hard and difficult times. We'd rather stake out flag down in the ground of the false belief that He won't let anything difficult come my way. After all, He is God, isn't He? He can stop sickness....He can stop any of the plans of the enemy, can't He? The answer to all of these questions is "yes". But I don't have an explanation as to why it doesn't always play out in fairy-tale solutions to our dilemma. Truth be known, When I ask all those "Why" questions, I do so from a very selfish place. A place that is more concerned with my own comfort that it is in growing in Christ. 

Life is about reward....
You make choices...
You are rewarded...
You move on your decisions....
You are rewarded....
Guess what?
Good choices usually bring good rewards...
Bad choices usually bring bad rewards.... There are consequences, good and bad, for the choices we make.
Part of growing up in Christ and in the recovery He gives to us is to reject your old way of thinking and allow the Holy Spirit to change you within.


II Timothy 4:14
But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you.
The big thing about being taught is that we sometimes miss the most important part.
We can be taught...
But we must be willing to learn...

We must be willing to apply and walk in what we are learning.
When Jesus gave the commandment to "Follow Him", it meant that we are to watch and listen for Him. We are to not strike out on our own and do what we want to. As my wife, Vicki, so aptly puts it..."IF he ain't talkin'...I ain't walkin'".  


Every day, in every way, I want to get better at the "following" thing.
I want to grow up and mature in Christ.
I want His nature and His character to in me.

I'm tired of Michael....He is just a fowl up from way back. Give him three choices and he'd pick bad two out of three.
I want Jesus!
Simple as that.
How about you? What do you want?
More importantly, Who do you want?

God on you....

michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...