Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Rapha Part 2


Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of Your words gives light. It gives understanding to the simple.

Yesterday was a day of firsts.......
Seventeen years ago, I went to Rapha as a volunteer.
I taught Bible studies in the afternoon....
Then I taught Bible studies at night.....
After a while, I was moved to morning devotionals....

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was there to teach the word.

Since I left Rapah back in February of this year, I have remained connected to the program and the men. I would drop by every week to see who was new to the program and to introduce myself to them.  About a month ago, the men started to ask me why I am not teaching a Bible study now. Part of my answer was that God had not released me to. Not sure they understood what that meant, but it was the truth.

Last Friday, I was at Rapha taking with one of the staff members when they told me, "We sure do need you here teaching a Bible study." The moment they said this, God told me, "Now is the time". So without hesitation I responded, "Do you have an opening in the afternoon?" "Yes we do...Monday, Wednesday, and Friday." I chose Monday.


So yesterday, I returned to Rapha the same way I first arrived....
As a volunteer.

We had eleven in our first Bible study and they were eager to listen.
Some took notes....
Some asked questions...

It was good to be back.
Where is this all going?
I have no clue, nor do I wish to look ahead.

I am very content to simply be afforded a place to teach the word of God.

The Rapha guys have come to the last two Saturday nights at Vineyard ReCovery....
Maybe God used those visits to open a door for me at Rapha. Whatever is going on behind the scenes, I am grateful for the opportunity to plant some "Jesus" seeds in their lives.

If anyone ever understood the workings of God's grace, It is me.
I fully understand how I am not qualified to do what God has given me to do.
I understand how limited my understanding of His Word is.
But I also know that He has given me the ability to simplify the Word.

To not complicate it,but to keep it simple for all to understand.
That has been the greatest asset I possess that has served me well over the years.
Here again...I fully understand that it is nothing that I possess on my own...in my own strength or ability, but fully comes as a gift from God. 

Payday for me is when someone comes up after a teaching, who may not have a church background, and says, "You know...I understood what you said." 
That is what I want to bring to everyone who is present when I am teaching.
To simply point the way to Jesus, and say, "Here is the source of life...real life...that you have been searching for!"


Merry Christmas from the "B's" in Attalla.
God on you.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...