Monday, July 11, 2016

New Thoughts....Old Brain



Isaiah 55:8
(God speaking) --- "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord.
And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.

My thoughts....
Don't know how much room is in my brain for new thoughts and new ideas. I know for them to squeeze into my gray matter there is a battle. You see, I've collected almost 65 years of of memories....information.....and knowledge.
Some good..

Some useful....
Some just taking up space and is useless as a screen door on a submarine.
My wife use to tell me that I was trivia machine. I would not disagree.
By the way did you know that R. Buckminster Fuller created the first geodesic dome?

See what I mean? Good to know if you're playing board games, or happen to be on Jeopardy.

Any way, even when it comes to learning and understanding God in ways I never dreamed of, those thoughts have to muddle through all that "thought" baggage.
Such things as being able to make an "F" chord on a guitar in multiple ways.....
Not to mention all the memories that are floating around in my brain....
Sputnik.....
Alan Shepherd.....
Apollo 1 and the three men who died....

First time hearing the Beatles....
Weekly Reader we got every Friday in school....

The moment of my salvation and baptism....
The memories and knowledge all crowd out new things that want to lodge and take their rightful place. To be honest with you, I want them there, especially when it comes to knowing and experiencing God.

I don't ever want to be one of those people who proudly proclaim (in their relationship with God)...."We ain't never done it that way before". Which is tantamount to saying "We ain't going to change." Well, I want to change if God is leading. I don't want to drive my tent pegs down on what I know, thinking that I have the complete 22 volume set of "I KNOW GO" books. 


I want to be amazed daily...
I want to say "WOW!! I didn't know that."
I want to have that child like faith when it comes to following Jesus.
I think maybe this is the heart that God desires of all of us.

How could I, His creation, ever be apathetic and complacent when it comes to walking with Jesus daily? 

To me the picture above of Three Stooges Curly is what's wrong with religion. The idea that we, humanity, can capture God and dissect Him to study. Why you may as well try and catch the ocean to hold it in your hand. Not going to happen.
We create new ways of how we think God rules....and how we can slip in back of the curtain (like in the Wizard Of Oz) to see how the Wizard does his work. Well, there's no curtain, but there is a cross. And the cross is what you must embrace. The cross is the exclamation point on what real relationship is all about. God reveals to us what God wants to reveal. We can't force His hand or coerce Him into shelling out what we believe are His mysteries and secrets. I want to close with a scripture that pretty much sums up how I view my part in my relationship with God.


I Corinthians 13:12
.........All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely. (When I stand face to face with Jesus) just as God now knows me completely.

God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...