Friday, July 15, 2016

Go....

GREENE STREET LETTERS: "GO!"

Matthew 28:19
Therefore........GO!

The Gospel....
The good news....
The ongoing sharing of the story of our salvation.....
All this is attached to the act of going...
All this is attached to the idea of movement....

We do not have the luxury of remaining still....
Of being quiet....
How can we look inward to self and not be impacted by what this God has done to us.
Rescued us..
Took us off the garbage heap of humanity and cleaned us up.

Wiped us clean of all our sin.....
What falls under all?
Every one of them.


Seeing this impact of God in our lives should spur us to tell others our story.

We don't have to be theologians...
We don't have to be able to dissect Hebrew and Greek from the Old and New Testament.
We just have to burn with the story of God's love.
That burning comes from knowing Him...
Knowing through experiencing personally His presence and His love.

This knowing is ongoing and never relenting.
Each morning when I get up I am fully aware that the God I thought I knew and understood yesterday will be different today.
I will see Him in a Scripture.
I may have read a particular verse a hundred times....
But on this particular morning I see it differently.

I see Him differently.
I am changed....
I am charged with a mission to tell others....


Step #12
Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry THIS message to others and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

The message is no good if change does not come to our hearts....
The message becomes power when we are changed by God's love and plans for our lives.
There is someone out there who needs to hear what has happened to you.
Someone trapped in the darkness that you no longer live in.

They need hope....
They need to hear truth...
So.......GO!

God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...