Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Who Are You Going to Serve?

As of this mornings posting, I have not heard any more news about the condition of the sister of a friend who is in the hospital in Atlanta. Please continue to pray for her and her family.
Here is another prayer request I received via text message, last night at 8:33 p.m.
"Please pray for a woman who has been in treatment for her addiction. She is in the hospital (mbb-not sure why-may be tied to pregnancy) and is having complications. Pray for her, the baby and family.


Just received this verse in a text message: 
4:34 a.m.

Galatians 1:10
For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I wold not be a bond servant of Christ.



Who are you going to serve? Really now, isn't that the big question? As I see it, and I don't think I am wrong even though many would say I am, you either serve God.....or you are serving the devil. I have made this statement before and have had a rebuttal on several occasions to the effect that "Bro. Mike--- I ain't no Satan worshiper". Their view of being a servant to the devil is all wrapped up in black robes and blood sacrifices, reading from Anton LeVay's Satanic Bible. Let's give the devil some credit. He is known as a liar and a deceiver. Somehow I think he may lean more to the subtle, not out in the open kind of service from those he has under his influence and power. That they would serve him and his purposes and maybe not even be aware of such thing taking place. Such is why the power of God when brought to bear against such spiritual darkness is always an illuminating event. The person who is living in such darkness is suddenly aware of what they are doing, who they have been living for, and the need to escape such trappings. 

You see, I must choose every morning who I am going to follow and live for. Doesn't mean that I need to be saved every morning. It is just a spiritual setting of my compass for the day so that I don't go chasing after my "self-will run riot". Wayne McCrary, former Rapha client, told me that he starts his day off by saying the Rapha declaration out loud. He said that it helps him to remember who he is.....as well as whose he is. Keeps him focused through out the day and on track as a believer.

Because of Christ's Redemption
I am a new creation of infinite worth
I am deeply loved
I am fully pleasing
I am completely forgiven
I am totally accepted by God
I am absolutely complete in Christ.

When my performance (behavior) reflects this new identity in Christ
That reflection is dynamically unique
There has never been another human being like me
in the history of mankind
Nor will there ever be
I am an original
One of a kind
special person
And so are you


Who are your serving today? As Bob Dylan so aptly put it..."You may serve the devil, or you may serve the Lord----but you're gonna have to serve somebody".
God on you...
mbb




No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...