Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Doing HIS Stuff!




Matthew 28:19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations....
Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you....
I am with you always, even to the end of the age....

If you've spent any time at all in church, you are very familiar with the "Great Commission".  A flinging out of the church after Christ ascended back to heaven.
He called us "Salt" in Matthew 5, and then commanded us to not live our lives in the "salt shaker a.k.a. the church, but rather to be "Shook" out so that we can carry on his mission here on earth.

Interesting term, "Teaching them to observe".
Observer does not mean "Watch"...It means DO!
We observe the holiday of Christmas. But in our observation we rip open packages to see what presents we've been given. There is an active participation on our part. So when we teach others to observe what we've been taught by Christ, there is a "Doing" on their part in the kingdom work of God. Of course logic dictates that we have been participating in the work first. 

Healing the sick....
Casting out of demons....
Feeding the poor....

Visiting those who are in prison....
And....
Wait for it...
Here comes the big one that scares the church to death...
Raise the dead..

"Do you really believe that, Michael?"
Sure do.
Hasn't happened for me yet, but believe me I've prayed for it to happen.

I do know this...
If I don't pray...
Then no one gets healed...
No demon is removed from a person's life...
No one IS raised from the dead.


All of these behaviors I've listed this morning is a part of the kingdom work Jesus has called every believer to enter into.
The main reason folks don't is that no one has ever told them they could...or shown them how.

John Wimber, founder of the Association of Vineyard Churches, lived his life under the phrase..."Everyone gets to play" by this he meant that Kingdom work is not reserved for a select few who have attained a holiness that the common believer could never reach. Wimber truly (and I do also) believed that if you are born again, then the Holy Spirit of God has been deposited inside you to aid you, direct you, and empower you to do the works of Christ.
Sounds strange to some who may be reading this posting, but believe me...
It has become a vital part of my relationship with Jesus...this "Doing the Stuff" as Wimber called it.

Below is a short video of John talking about "Doing the Stuff".

Enjoy...
God on you...
mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...