Saturday, June 10, 2017



Romans 5:1
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ..

Within what is perceived as Christianity today, there are some words and terms that have fallen out of favor.
We no longer need them because we have moved beyond to a new awareness. Or so we think.
What are these words?
Hell.
Sin.
Sanctification.
Reconciliation
and
JUSTIFICATION!

Justified! What an amazing word.
Made Right.
Innocent.
Put in Right Standing.
Not by our own works or way. Not by our intellect and the ability to solve problems. Not by our image or interaction with others. Not by how much we give to the church or to the poor. Not by how many conferences we attended or even how spiritual we may appear.
Not by our Christian t-shirts or even the fact that we have that fish on the bumper of our car.
(IF we are truly bold witnesses, we will have the Greek letters inside the fish)

Justified....made right by the blood of Jesus the Christ.
It is my faith in Christ and the work He accomplished on Calvary that justifies me before God.
It is the shed blood of Jesus that allows God to even look at me. If not for the blood, I am lost.
IF not for the blood of Jesus, mankind stands condemned before almighty God.
I know this in my head, but when I consider what He has done for me, I am overcome.
By faith (my relying on, clinging to and trusting in Christ) I am laid hold of by God.
Claimed as His possession.
Bought with a price.

Romans 4:24-25
"It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification."
I am broke free from the slavery, bondage and ways of this world, and transplanted into God's kingdom.
What is God's Kingdom?
Wherever His rule and reign are being carried out and obeyed in the hearts of people.
That is why the Apostle Paul said that the world is crucified to him (dead) and he is crucified to the world.
The world had nothing to offer Paul.
Paul had a mission, just as Christ has given each of us a mission.
There is someone out there who needs to hear our story.
There is someone out there who needs this justification that God offers.
To be made in right standing with God.
God is no longer an enemy to you, but becomes your source of strength and life.
Justified.

Justified.
Receive.
Believe.
Don't be deceived.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...