Friday, October 24, 2008

Markets are falling.
God is in control.
Where am I focused?
Where is my heart and my treasure?
Has moth and rust already descended upon my treasure and eaten it?

Funny how when the things you have held closest are removed, fear comes to be your friend.
The things we thought would never change.....are changing.
Maybe not as quickly as we think....
Maybe not as suddenly as others say....
but change has taken place.

Did you even notice it?
Did the Spirit quicken you to pray?
Or did you simply live life as you've always done.
IF the Holy Spirit were taken from your life.....
Would you realize it?
Would your live implode upon itself or would you continue to function as always?
Scary thoughts...
My heart's ability to deceive me.
My will is yours Lord. Take it.
May I simply follow you.
May I walk with you....
May I travel near you today.
Your very presence brings comfort to me.
A peace that transcends the words of ABC and NBC and CBS, CNN and FOX.
Every word that you, O' Lord, speak has weight.
Every word that you speak has purpose.
May I drink from your stream and not the stream of fear and hate, anger and division that comes from our televisions.

Tonight, may I lay my heart and my head down in the knowledge that you are my strength and shield. Protector of my soul.
My God and my Lord.
Glory to you and you alone.
All else may crumble and fall away, but you and your word are forever.

Maranatha.....Lord Jesus!

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...