Thursday, October 2, 2008

Homecoming

Vicki and I traveled to Marietta, Georgia yesterday.
It was a beautiful day for the trip. Sun beaming down, temperatures very comfortable and not a cloud in the sky.
We had wonderful conversation on the way over. A kind of a day where we got to connect once again.
The reason for the trip?
The death of and funeral for my cousin, Nadja Haley.
Nadja was a wonderful woman who loved Jesus completely.
She was a giver who had no thought as to her own needs.
It was her faith in Christ that made yesterday so wonderful.

Funerals are never easy, but there is a hope and comfort present when the one who has died is a follower of Jesus. Nadja lived her life this way.
There was grief over her death.
Tears were shed.
But covering the entire service was the peace of God calmly whispering, "She is with me. It is going to be alright."

Several people stood to speak about what Nadja had meant to them.
The words that she had spoken that brought them comfort.
The little things she did to point to Jesus in their lives.

It was a good day.
A day to reflect on life here and what life will be like when we cross through the veil into Jesus' presence.

Nadja now knows the truth of what she believed.
She now knows that it was a belief not held in vain.
The promises of God are yes and amen.
The words of God are true.
She stands with others in the presence of Jesus.
Oh what that must be like!

Happy Homecoming, Nadja!

mb

1 comment:

Lane said...

I have 'been through' the deaths of 3 relatives since recovery, including my mom and dad. For both of my parents, we read scripture, played music (with my dad) and worshipped...BECAUSE of the hope that is within. Thank you Jesus for giving us a glimpse of eternity...

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...