Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday - 10/15

Psalms 63:3-4
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.

Some days it is hard to find joy.
It is hard to find that place where you are at peace.
Then you realize that peace isn't found in a place, but in a person.

Today I am grateful and at peace.
It usually is my off day but due to some meetings, I am posting here in my office at Rapha.
Sitting here my thoughts turn to memories associated with being here at Rapha.
I remember the first time I drove here. At that time the road was not paved.....dirt. Or mud depending if it had rained.
How many trips have I made down that road?
Daytime, night time....after midnight........early morning. Every time driving out here not knowing what was waiting or what God might have in mind.
That takes me to the simple fact that I was told by someone I love and respect, "We simply show up...that's what we do. Show up and deal with whatever God puts on our plate for that day." Truest words I've ever had spoken to me. Simple yet very defined.
Isn't that the way of the Gospel?
Simple and true.
We tend to over think and complicate God's Kingdom.

Today I do not want to let my mind travel to places of depression or doubt.
Best way to do this is simply praise God and keep his word on my lips as I walk through this day.
Even as I type this, on my stereo is a recording from one of our Vineyard Services from November 2003. The song GLORIFY is playing.
That is what I intend to do today...glorify God.

God on you..........

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...