Thursday, December 4, 2008

Don't Miss The Opportunity

I was at the Gadsden Regional Medical Center yesterday morning trying to locate a certain room that held a certain new Father and Mother along with their certain new born son. As I was wandering the halls trying to track down the room, I came through some double doors and up ahead I saw a woman and a nurse talking. I didn't know what was being said except that the nurse finished her part of the conversation and turned to leave. As she did, the other woman leaned back against the wall and slumped as though a tremendous weight had been placed on her shoulders. I could tell that she was crying as she turned her face to the wall.

Everything in me said to keep moving and don't stop. I guess you could say everything in me that was wrong/bad/selfish/and about a hundred other adjectives. But my heart said, "Talk to her." I walked up to her and asked if she was alright. "My daughter is in labor and they think the baby is having some complications. I am here alone and they want to rush my daughter to Birmingham so they can better take care of her pregnancy,"she said. With every word, she sobbed a little harder. The thing that was weighing on her was that she was alone and she had no one to lean on or to help with decisions.

I asked if I could pray for her.
She answered, "Would you?"
I asked if I could place my hand on her shoulder and she consented.
It wasn't a flowery or complicated prayer. Very simple.
Lord, we recognize you as the source of life.
We ask for healing and a healthy delivery for this baby and mother.
I ask for peace, mercy and Your Spirit to come and comfort this Grand mother right now, right here.
In Jesus name,
Amen.

The woman had stopped crying.
She looked peaceful.
She thanked me that I cared enough to pray for her.
I told her about me not wanting to, but God had other plans. I think this caught her off guard.
I don't know what has transpired since yesterday.
I do know that God set up an appointment with a man who was lost and couldn't find the right hospital room and a woman in need of hearing from her heavenly Father.

Ain't God good?

mb

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Yep! God is good! I get excited everytime I hear a story about divine appointments.

Lane said...

Great post Michael... if only I can learn that 'there is no such thing' as 'non-spiritual' activities -- truly, nothing is neural. I love you brother.

Lane

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...