Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Did You Love Today?

There are a lot of things going on in churches today.
Seminars.
Conferences.
40 days of this and that.
"How To" expos.
With valentines day approaching, you even find a lot of churches doing marriage programs.
These aren't bad things or ideals.
But you don't hear much about learning to love those that we consider to be unlovable.

Paul in I Corinthians 13 writes:
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angles, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

If we don't learn to love others as God loves them, we are only making a lot of noise with our efforts. Nothing we say is important.

Paul goes on to write:
"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains but have not love, I am nothing."

All the gifts that one who has relationship with Jesus could want.
To be able to move in the prophetic and speak the truth of God. To have the ability to know and understand thing that have been hidden and to have a faith that is powerful and operates within the boundaries given to us by Jesus. To move in this fashion. To walk out in our daily lives the very description that Jesus gave his disciples and yet, Paul says, "But I don't have love........I am nothing.

This learning to love as Christ loves must be important.
In Luke 11 we read where Jesus' disciples asked him to "Teach us to pray!"
Maybe we need to do likewise.
Teach us to love.

To love those who are unlovable unconditionally. Why? Because we were in that position at one time and God looked upon us with love. We, who were unlovable, were granted this incredible gift of salvation and a pardon for all of our sins. Now, as being charged with the mission of Jesus, it is we who are to love.

Did you love today?

God on you...........
mb

1 comment:

RODRIGUEZ said...

You know....I didn't like other people b/c I didn't like myself and I had a hard time loving other people until I saw what a turd I was. The love of Christ is eye opening to me. You're totally right! We got to love.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...