Thursday, February 5, 2009

Know Today


Who or what defines your day today? Where you go. How you interact with others. The thoughts that control or influence your decisions.....where do they come from? Is it from God or is it simply the end result of your belief system or world view? Sadly too many rely upon their own wits and strength to guide them through the day. Some may say I am being unrealistic or maybe you think I live in some kind of fairy tale world. Believe me, I don't live in a fairy tale world. If anything, the world I inhabit is full of darkness and destruction and has a ruler that seek to steal, kill and destroy. It is for this very reason that we should look beyond ourselves for direction and instruction in every area of our life. First and foremost, we find it in God's word, the Bible. I don't know why it is people discard this book to search after everything else. I know good people who don't know diddly about God's Word but they can tell you every conference that is coming to town and who the guest speakers are. I hear excuse after excuse as to why the Word doesn't work. "It's too hard to understand. I'm not a reader. I had rather experience God." What makes you think you can't experience God through the reading of His word? It's like having the greatest treasure in the entire world and we forsake for a set of cliff notes.
As 2009 moves forward, it will be an incredible time and opportunity to grow in God. As fear and dread mounts, we have a wonderful opportunity to know and understand God's will for each of us. I'm not saying that we won't go through hard times or even painful times, but each situation we face will become a chance to grow in God.
Get started today in His Word....
Pray.....
Pray for our country and our leaders.....
Pray and let God purify you.....
God on you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...