Monday, April 6, 2009

Good Stuff


I have been in kind of a black hole when it comes to worship music.
I'm not blaming anyone or anything, but I haven't really heard anything that caught me. Until now...
I was at Gadsden Vineyard yesterday and was perusing the bookstore when I had an impression to buy this CD. It wasn't an overwhelming urge but a very subtle, "buy this." To be honest with you, I didn't want to because the last few CD's I've bought of Vineyard Worship Music were not very good. So, against my own thoughts and opinion, I purchased BRIGHTER DAY by Vineyard Music Group.
How wrong was I?
It is really good.
The arrangements are not what I would look for in music, but they are not overpowering or distracting from the lyrics (Which are powerful).
My favorite song?
THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD.
"And it all falls down....the weight of the world....and it all falls down....on Jesus."
Speaks of his time on the cross and the burden that was placed on him.
Powerful lyrics.
It's been a long time since I was driving in my truck and attempted to steer with my knees because I had both arms raised as I praised God. Kind of scary ain't it?
This CD might not be for everyone..............
But it was perfect for now and perfect for me.
I am refreshed.
God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...