Thursday, April 23, 2009


"For the message of the cross if foolishness to those who are perishing but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. I Cor. 1:18"
To us who are being saved.
Many teach that salvation is a one time...bim-bam! Whammo! God is there.
While I do believe this view, I think it stops short of God's intention for those who are saved.
Salvation is a process that continues on.
It is a free gift from God, but requires diligence and obedience as we learn how to have relationship with Him.
We do not have the luxury of sitting down and simply waiting until Jesus comes. More than that, why would we want to? For those who are saved are also changed. This salvation affects every area of your being. The way you think, the way you view life, what your priorities become. You are changed.
"We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. I Cor. 2:12"
From my own personal experience, I have found that God puts within you a desire to study His word, be with His people, and worship Him at the most unusual times (By that, I mean you don't have to be in a church building to suddenly break out in praise to Him.) In other words, your inward transformation is seen through your outward actions. You are changed.
"You were bought at a price, do not become slaves of men. I Cor. 7:23"
Realize what it cost to be offered God's salvation. It costs him the separation from a son. A son who had the weight of sin completely poured out on his shoulders. Carrying that weight on the cross, Jesus endured the complete wrath and fury that God, the Father has for sin. Jesus did that for me. Such things and ideas are too lofty for my mind. I try to understand, but all I can do is fall to my knees and cry, "Thank you Lord."
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...