Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grateful Today

It has been a good day today.
Received a call from someone who came through the program 4 years ago.
Had a rough time when they left, but remembered the teachings and was able to recover quickly and get on with their life.
This person is currently working in the prisons with a ministry team once a month and visiting his local jail each week to talk, pray and minister to those inside.
As I talked with him, you could hear a peace, a confidence and a passion in his voice as he spoke of what God has done for him. It is these calls that lift me and encourage me to keep on.
Thank you, Lord.
Your timing is perfect.

Verse for the day:
Psalm 113:7
He raises the poor out of the dust,
and lifts the needy out of the ash heap
that He may seat him with princes...
with the princes of His people.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...