Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Early Morning

This is a photo I took out at Rapha last November when Nori and Barbie Kelley came to give their "Farewell" Concert before they left to move to Japan. I like this photo because of the contrast between the lights of the buildings and the light color and texture of the sky.

I am a sky watcher, if you will. I find that my mind and heart are drawn to God whenever I stop and focus on the sky whether it be at night or in the day. This particular instance, a storm was approaching. Wind was beginning to pick up and the clouds were rolling in, as if to herald the arrival of rain. I think God is like this. There are always signs and events to herald his arrival at a meeting or service. It isn't like God is hiding behind the curtain on the stage and on cue pops out with a "Ta-da!" God is heralded when His Word is read. He stirs to come when the offering of praise is on the lips of His people. Heart that are awakened to look up for the coming of the King begin to beat in anticipation. His presence fills our time and space and we have communion with Him.

I know that God is everywhere, but I also know that God is "no where". By that, I mean that when our focus is turned to God, we are suddenly more aware of Him. It is not something that we can turn on and off like water, but it is part of His heart to interact with His people. God is the one who moves into our time and space. We can only say, "Yes Lord, I will follow." I know that this may sound mystical or slightly not what you may hear in church, but believe me that God does announce His coming when we gather to meet with Him.

Look for God today.....
God on you.......
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...