Friday, June 5, 2009

What Say You?


HE is....
He isn't....
He might.....
He might not....
Some say, "Yes!"
Some say, "No!
Who is right?
He is.
Jesus.
What difference does it make for us to argue.
Be ready.
Be prepared.
Be watchful.
Be vigilant.
We fall prey to the mind game of, "Well, he hasn't come back yet and it's been thousands of years. He must not be coming back.
Here is what THE Word says.
His Word.
His Bible.
I Thessalonians 4:16-18
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout. With the call of the archangel, and with trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with Him forever. So comfort and encourage each other with these words.
This will be the true beginning of the end when Jesus gathers unto Himself His church. Not the brick building, Sunday Go To Meeting people. But among those who do go to church, the ones who truly had surrendered their hearts to God. The ones that others in the church viewed being as fanatical and weird. The ones that never got invitations to church gatherings because all they wanted to do was pray for someone or talk about Jesus.
I believe like I have never believed before that Jesus is truly coming back and it might be sooner than most of us would think. I don't' know why I feel this way. I am not looking to escape anything or have this desire to simply want to run away. If anything, I burn today more intense and more passionately to make disciples. To see others come to a saving knowledge of who this Jesus is.
Marantha, Lord Jesus!
mb

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Occupy until He comes....and He will come back!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...