Friday, January 8, 2010

Go!

I find it hard to believe the technology that is available today.
Technology that the church is slow to embrace because the world uses it to further their message of "SELF" indulgence. For some reason the church has always believed that everything the world uses cannot possibly be something that God would use. Truth be known, God is the creative source behind technology. The devil / satan / lucifer (what ever moniker he may be going by) only copies what he sees God doing and then perverts it for soulish purposes.

I remember giving an interview for our local newspaper back in 1998. At that time, the church I pastored was beginning to create and host a web page on the Internet. We had a message board where anyone who wanted to could come and post a message. These messages usually started threads, or comments from several other people. We felt like this was a good way to engage those who were "Church-a-ly" challenged and maybe did not know who Jesus was.
When the article came out, several other pastors in town quickly commented that they would never have a web page with a message board because that was opening yourself up to anyone saying what ever they wanted to. Truth is, it isn't that way because if your diligent, you would have someone patrol the board, removing comments that may have contained profanity or other such foolishness. The point was that these men were afraid of using technology to further the gospel.

Let me state right up front, I am not a "techie".
I am about as challenged as they come but, as my wife says, I am very teachable.
This is why I am all about trying to learn what is out there that I can use for the Kingdom.
That is why I embedded, or placed, on this blog the little I-pod icon where you can listen to our messages and worship. You can even download them to your I-pod or phones. I want to get the word out that there is a better way.
That way being Jesus.
I'm not pushing any denomination.
I'm not pushing any agenda.
I don't want you sending money.
I have no Holy Ghost dish rags to get the demons off your dishes.
No miracle healing shammy's.
I only want to share the pure, unadulterated Word of God that is life to those who are dying.

That is why I sit here day after day checking the stats on this blog to see where it is going.
I confess to you that this has truly undone me.
To thing that this blog, these words that I'm writing here in Attalla, Alabama are going around the world and are being read in multiple countries. That is what technology is about.
I know that the word of God does not return void. What does that mean? It means that when ever the word of God is read it will produce fruit or an awareness that real truth is being viewed and heard.
I trust God to do what he intended his word to accomplish. Simple as that.
That is why I want to encourage you to listen to the messages we post each week.
Please forgive my Southern accent and the fact that sometimes when I get wound up (that's excited for those who don't speak Southern) I sound more like Goober Pyle from the Andy Griffith show.
I pray that the heart of the message would bring you hope and lead you to a place where the God you understand today is more than the God you understood yesterday.

Thank you for stopping by the Greene Street Letters and I trust that you'll come back and that you'll tell your family and friends about us.
God's blessing to you........
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...