Thursday, September 30, 2010

Eagles Part II


Yesterday I posted about having our hope renewed and that we would (according to Is. 40) mount up on wings as eagles....
Did you know that eagles are the only animal that can look directly into the sun? It is true. While you and I can only glance at it, eagles can look for extended periods of time. Maybe from the place of hope when we do lift above our problems and situations, we are able too look into the Son of God. That we learn the wonderful practice of abiding in Him as He abides in us. Maybe the words of the song are true and have more meaning than we think they do.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face.
and the things of earth will grow strangely dim
in the light of His glory and grace.

I do....
I do want the things of earth to become strangely dim...
I want my focus to be removed from things that stir my flesh and pull me away from Jesus.
I want to be lifted up by the glory of God.
I want to dwell, live, prosper and grow in the presence of Almighty God.
I want to tell everyone what God has done for me.
I can't help it! I truly was lost and now am found....you know the rest.....was blind but now I see.
Thank you Jesus!!!

Revelation 1:17-18
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, "Don't be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the living one who died. Look, I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave."


God on you this morning..
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...